VACANCY | 12th OF JULY 2021
COSCO Shipping Lines (Netherlands) B.V. – Operator Documentation.
COSCO Shipping Lines is a container shipping company with increasing capacity and belongs to the world top 3 global carriers. Through dozens of trade lanes, over 100 of ports worldwide are connected. Several weekly services from Rotterdam to e.g. Far East and the U.S.A. are handled at our local office.
We arrange COSCO SHIPPING Lines sales and marketing activities and arrange full service concerning all (container) vessels to the Netherlands.
We are looking for a fulltime (1,0 FTE) Operator Documentation Position of department within organisation
The department arranges the daily operations and documentation for Export of containers from Rotterdam and for bookings made via other NW-European ports and Cross Trades Worldwide. Further transshipment containers are arranged when the on-carriage connection is made by Trunk vessel.
The following systems are used for this: IRIS2, IRIS4, EDI, various web applications of ECT and COSCO SHIPPING Lines (Netherlands) B.V.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES, WHAT DO WE EXPECT?
The Operator is responsible for handling the documentation flow between COSCO Shipping Lines and customers. The Operator reports to the manager Outward Operations and Documentation.
- Asking for B/L instructions to customers
- Together with the back office making sure all draft bl’s are send on time to the customers, within 8 hrs after receiving the SI from customer.
- Sending final bl’s and invoices after sailing by post or email to customers.
- Complete the whole vessel within 5 days after departure
- Release containers at port of discharge via Telex Release
- Change of Destination requests (COD)
- Preparing switch bl’s
- Checking CN24 manifest closing and EOV
- Checking AMS filling for USA service
- MBO 4 working and thinking level (diploma “manager Haven Logistiek” is preferred)
- Cargadoor 1
- 5 years of working experience in a similar working environment is a pre.
- Experienced in export/shipping documentation
- Fluent Dutch and English, both written and spoken
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Feeling for customer service
WHAT WE OFFER
- A professional job with great variety in tasks & responsibilities
- Excellent international working environment in the middle of Rotterdam Central District
- Competitieve Salary
- Good secondary benefits
SALARY AND SECONDARY CONDITIONS
We offer a competitive salary proper Secondary Conditions amongst which a fixed 13th month, a Pension plan and WIA insurance fully covered by the employer. A laptop as well as a mobile phone needed to perform the job, will be provided by the company.