VACANCY | 13th OF AUGUST 2021
HMM (Netherlands) Shipping B.V. – Vesselplanner (Regional European Headquarters).
HMM (Netherlands) Shipping B.V. situated in Rotterdam, the Netherlands acting on behalf of our European Headquarters in London UK currently has a vacancy available at its Regional Operations Center (ROC) for the function of Vessel planner
The concerned department is situated in our Rotterdam office however covers activities throughout Europe and reports directly to our European Headquarters in London. The concerned department currently exists of 6 persons with each their own experience and responsibilities.
Considering the dynamic nature of the concerned department, we are looking for a committed, representative candidate with a passion for the business , flexible, immune to stress and perfectly able to perform in a team.
For this function we are looking for a candidate with a general knowledge of the shipping industry, flexible and also available outside the office hours for (when applicable) to solve problems directly related to planning / vessel requirement.
The department is also responsible for Out of Gauge (OOG), Break Bulk (BB) Coordination with partner lines, overseas HMM offices.
- Good knowledge of Dutch and English (both verbal and written)
- Knowledge of MS Office Excel
- Knowledge of CASP or Stowage Planning Program
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?
Please refer to the below for a short overview of the main jobs.
- Prepare and execute the vessel load plans
- Secure BAPLIE, discharge/load EDI files are received in time considering the Terminal vessel plans to be executed
- Create best gantry program for both Port of Loading (POL) and Port of Discharge (POD) in coordination with the Terminal Planner
- Coordinate and resolve any stowage disputes with the Terminal Planner/Vessel command
- Communicate with Terminal Planning Desk to ensure timely receipt of pre-stowage
- Ensure stowage matches actual loading list and mismatch reports are forwarded to allocation department
- Understand vessel stability and safety requirements during discharge and loading
- Prepare bay plans for approval of Chief Officer
Monitor working progress during live operations
- Optimize vessel planning to increase Terminal productivity, avoid re-stows and maximize vessel utilization
- Coordinate berthing windows with Terminal and local operations
- Keep vessel administration up to date and share with allocation department
- Prepare and distribute sailing schedules and ensure update (if any)
- Optimize stowage plan including special cargo, Reefers,OOG,BB and DG
SALARY AND SECONDARY CONDITIONS
We offer a competitive salary proper Secondary Conditions amongst which a fixed 13th month, a Pension plan and WIA insurance fully covered by the employer. A laptop as well as a mobile phone needed to perform the job, will be provided by the company.