VACATURE | 4 NOVEMBER 2021
Mediterranean Shipping Company (Netherlands B.V.) – Captains Room Coordinator
The Captains Room Coordinator acts as the direct liaison between ship owners, ship’s officers and port officials. They arrange for arrival and departure services for efficient port stay. Provide necessary information as per requirements of the local authorities. Working in a 24/7 shift system, supporting all MSC operated vessels. Ensure flawless handling of operational tasks to provide highest quality service to our customers, vessels and crew.
- Order and control nautical services with the aim to avoid/reduce costs for waiting time and/or cancelations to a minimum. Administrate service level issues.
- Coordinate and control Vessel services related activities; i.e. bunker activities, ships’ repairs, ships’ stores deliveries, crew changes, taxi, hospital, doctor, dentist visits etc. with the aim to avoid affecting the port stay.
- Decline and/or charge costs for waiting time and/or cancelations for nautical services caused by 3rd parties.
- Handle late runners after Terminal cargo cut-off and last minute changes to the discharge/loading lists. Coordinate actions between all stakeholders. Send dangerous goods declarations to the authorities and cargo manifest to the vessel.
- Maintain standard reporting.
- Accuracy – Being able to deal with detailed information for a long time and effectively
- Flexibility – Able to easily adapt to changing working methods, working hours, tasks, responsibilities, policy changes, environment and behaviors of others.
- Customer focus – Investigating the wishes and needs of the customer and acting accordingly.
- Dealing with work pressure – Remain calm when busy and do not experience stress due to too much or too little work.
- Collaboration – Contribute to a joint result through optimal coordination between one’s own qualities and interests and those of the group / the other.
- Proactive – Seek opportunities or innovation and take action to take advantage of them.
- Responsible – Attaching importance to the tasks and duties within one’s own work, those of colleagues and of the organization.