VACATURE | 25 OKTOBER 2022
Waypoint Port Services – Operator / Waterklerk
To execute required agency services to clients as per our Standard Operating Procedures, endeavouring at all times to manage the efficient and effective handling of the vessels while under our responsibility. Ensure a high-quality service, a quick turnaround and minimise expenses to the vessel, owners and / or operators. The role requires that we protect and safeguard the interest of the principal, master and crew at all times.
The position reports to the Country Manager.
- To execute the clients’ instructions.
- To appoint company authorised service providers.
- To liaise with local authorities in accordance with the instructions of the principal.
- Generate a PDA and send to principal
- During port call, ensure that all costs are as anticipated in the PDA
- Ensure the correctness of all PDA’s and FDA’s
- Keep track of activity done during port stay so that the correct FDA is raised
- Perform all related data entry for the DAs in our WayGate system
- Controlling the prefunding with the clients and ensuring that there are sufficient funds for payments at any point
- Maintain an excellent relationship with our principals and service providers
- Undertake overall responsibility for all aspects of the port call
- Conduct pre planning of the port call well in advance liaising with all local port authorities
- Ensure that all contact details, AOH numbers of the operational contact in the principal’s office are available at all times
- Embark the vessel as soon as vessel is all fast alongside, if/where authorities permit
- Coordinate vessel port operation with all the stakeholders and ensure full implementation and follow up of the planned port operation
- Communicate proactively with all parties involved in the port call
- Ensure immediate communication to the principal at all times
- Responsible for logging, informing and seeking approval for any additional requirements during the vessels’ port stay that is outside the agreed scope of work
- Keep the master and nominated officers fully aware of cargo operations progress at all times
- Make sure all arrangements are done so as to avoid delay of berthing or departure
- Ensure that all info is entered into our system where/when applicable with timely date of the port call, preparing statement of facts and coordinating the execution of the Final Disbursement Account
- If sub-contractors are used during the port stay, ensure they give an excellent service at all times
- In case of crew change, ensure crew are picked up on time and safely taken to their destination (vessel/hotel/airport) and are given every assistance possible
- When necessary, effect the transport of crew, documents or manageable spare parts and CTM to/from the vessel
- Display company brand image when possible, such as using company branded clothing
- Ensure your personal appearance is always up to a high standard
- Make sure full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is worn every time the vessel is attended to or a port entered
- Seek continuous improvements in our operational procedures
- Ensure that the QUALITY of the service rendered is up to Waypoint standards.
- Responsible to make sure that all services rendered to the principal are in the Final Disbursement Account
- 2-5 years of experience in the shipping industry, particularly as a boarding officer or operator
- Fluent in local language, spoken, written and reading
- Fluent in English speaking, reading and writing
- Due to immigration laws this position is only open to EU citizens
- Experience in Liner Industry or Logistics and Freight Forwarding Operations (Additional Preferences)
- Have a valid driving license
- Have clean police conduct report
- At ease with the latest IT solutions and able to handle smart phone technology
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer relationship building skills
- Ease to communicate effectively and clearly
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Reliable, enthusiastic and professional ATTITUDE
- Confident in relating to different organisational levels
- Available to work outside normal working office hours, many times under stressful situations
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Organised, disciplined and strong personality
- Result oriented
Interested applicants, please send your CV with cover letter in English to by clicking button below.