VACATURE | 8 SEPTEMBER 2022
ZIM Netherlands B.V. – Customer Service Manager Benelux.
For our agency offices in Rotterdam and Antwerp we are looking for candidates for the vacant position of Customer Service Manager Benelux.
This position is based in Rotterdam and requires frequent travel to Antwerp. This position takes seat in the Benelux Management Team and has a direct link to the Regional Customer Service function. The position reports to the Managing Director Benelux. The reporting team consists of 12 FTEs across the departments Import, Booking, Documentation.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- To lead and support the customer service teams to deliver high quality customer service to ensure client satisfaction is maximized, future support is both maintained and further developed. Ensure customer requirements are clearly identified and understood and effected in a timely manner.
- Always achieve the highest possible standards of accuracy and quality by optimizing customer satisfaction across a range of parameters, as measured in the Customer Satisfaction Survey, Booking Survey, and Annual Customer Experience Survey
- Responsible for recovery of all charges – maximize income and profitability of the line
- Principal Manager for the “Smart CS” Program and related systems
- Build and base the infrastructure of high quality and standard service in the country
- Process Improvement and Mapping to improve accuracy and timeliness of work, identify risks, develop solutions, and implement improvements related to Customer Service.
- Ensure that staff are properly motivated, trained, conversant with systems, procedures and legislation, and thus have the ability and flexibility to be moved between functions within the department
- Meet the company KPI targets for customer service
- Manage the interface with ZIM’s back-office operation.
- Maintain active communications with Global Head Office on outstanding issues
- Key contact for (governmental) authorities such as Dutch- and Belgium Customs
- Train team leaders in timely execution and completion of the annual and semi-annual performance evaluation and goal setting process as well as performance development plans for staff
- Initiate and drive projects, in alignment with country and functional priorities
- Create succession planning for key positions
- Excellent problem solving and multitasking skills
- 10+ years’ experience in customer service, preferably in the container shipping business
- Proven experience in leading a team and managing/driving change
- Experience in digital transformation and innovation
- Knowledge of work processes especially in documentation, booking, export and import.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Full English proficiency (must), Dutch native language
- Customer service approach (internal & external) – To cooperate with the customer in an effective and efficient manner that will make the customer perceive you as a partner.
- Leadership and mentoring capabilities – To accomplish successful results while keeping good relations with all interfaces (customers, vendors, colleagues, managers, employees). Team leader – guide his/ her employees. Influence cross functions on productivity and motivation.
- Quality oriented – To work according to processes – To create/ update/ improve policy/ procedure/ processes/ methodology according to defined KPIs and objectives. To define KPIs and objectives to improve the processes.
- Planning and prioritizing, within time deadlines skills – To manage team projects within timetables and priorities. To manage complex tasks with cross-functional interface projects within timetables and priorities.
- Communication skills – To deliver core messages that are clear and understandable, and lead to action. To have a high-level presentation skill via all channels.